Friday, April 15, 2005

Welcome to the show my friend.

I don't know why but today I am thinking about concerts that I have seen, and I have seen many. The one thing that irks me is having to stand when you paid for a seat. I go to watch the performers and find it very uncomfortable to stand for 2+ hours.
I go to shows to watch the music being performed(maybe it's the musician in me). I go to hear it as well. I don't see the point in treating it like one big party and standing with all the other patrons. Don't get me wrong, some music requires standing--Punk or Rap. If I ever attend a rap performance just bring the van around back, put me in a straight jacket and off to the padded cell I go.
I once bought tickets for steph and I to a Rush concert(still one of the few bands we both enjoy and love). Now I paid a steep price for these tickets because I wanted to get as close to the stage as I could get. I was so excited when the "scalper" said he had 2 in the 7'th row. Wow!!!
Well we got to show and I looked totally 80's, with my long blown-dried hair and especially my boots. Sort of a cross between cowboy and heavy metal.
We got to our seats on the floor(I felt so important), and we were so close to the stage.
Well when the lights went out and the show started, not only did we stand, but we stood on our chairs. I spent the whole show trying to keep my balance on this fold-up chair in my country-metal boots.
Needless to say I don't go to many big shows anymore; and I certainly don't want to get on the floor.
And to this day I have no hair or any idea where my boots are.