Monday, May 22, 2006

Satan with a pen?

Is Dan Brown satan with a pen? I doubt it. I read the Davinci Code and thought it was okay. When I read it I read it as I always perceive fiction, as fiction. It was suspenseful, but too detailed. That's where the novel went wrong. I didn't care what code was hidden, it could have been a code for the worlds best salsa recipe. The book was too lavish with these crazy details. That's my synopsis.
I read his previous book, Angels & Demons. I found this novel fantastic. It was suspenseful and kept me glued to the final page. Much better than the Davinci Code. I feel the reason people are paying too much attention to this book is the so-called Code.
I will go see the movie, only because I love movies and I really dig Tom Hanks.
I wish the public would see this as it is- A work of fiction. It is not a Documentary. It is a creation in the mind of an author. If Dan Brown really believes this GA-GA is true, then he should win the Pulitzer for Morons. I also feel the public out there that believes this also should all be committed.
Everyone is talking about facts and history and the like. I feel the real study we all need a lesson in is fiction and non-fiction.