Monday, April 03, 2006

To Watch The Storms

Thunderstorms passed through this morning along with tornado warnings. There is always the beauty of these storms along with the danger. Noone understands this better than Liam. Before he went to bed last night he asked "are they coming yet?". I told him not yet. I forgot to turn off our foundation fans before I went to bed. So I went outside and into the DARK crawlspace to turn them off. In the distance was flashes of lightning and the far off rumble of thunder. It is at these times that I wish I wasn't reading my Dean Koontz novel or watching my x-files dvd. But I am. My heart rate went up the scale about 50 bpm. I guess I should add scary along with beauty and danger.

But there is nothing better than watching the storms early in the morning with your yungin'. At each flash we both snap our necks to look at each other and wait for the boom. It is these moments that will live in my memory forever.