Friday, July 29, 2005

Predictable Liam.

Liam is as predictable as he is adorable. As an 8-year old, he is getting himself dressed with the clothes he picks out with no problem.
There is a slight problem actually. This is where the adorable and predictable collide.
If he has red shorts, his shirt has to be red. If his shorts are black, his shirt can only be black. I could go on with all the colors, but you get the point.
The other day, after getting professional pictures taken with little Tony, Liam came home and changed so we could go to the park. He came out with the same black dress shirt and black shorts. I told him to go change his shirt, because it was too hot to wear outside. Now black shorts should go with pretty much any color t-shirt he can pick out of closet.
I hear "alright Dad I'm ready, let's go". I turn around and he has on blue shorts with a blue t-shirt. I ask him why he changed his shorts too. His reply-"I didn't have any black t-shirts".
This has become a game with Steph and I. Everytime he goes to get himself dressed, we wait with anticipation as he gets himself fashionably coordinated. It's like the runway walk at a fashion show. We give ourselves that look when our little man come out in his one color. It is like clockwork. He is very serious about his choices. When you confront him about, he claims that that's just the way he likes to get dressed.
It is these little things that make Liam so unique.
Adorable and predictability do clash quite a bit with him, but the adorable always wins the battle.