Sunday, July 03, 2005

The magic of fireflies

Well, after a week of frustration with our cable "provider"(and I use that term sparingly), we are back up with both our phones and our internet. I'm not even going to rehash this story because I'm finally over it.
We took a family ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway last week, and it was awesome. The perfect time of day as well as perfect weather. It's cool just viewing the incredible scenery of the mountains, but to actually cut through the mountain in sporadic tunnels was just as cool. Just ask Liam.
I finally can let loose the guilt of scratching up Steph's van. After stopping for a bite after our voyage over the mountains, I couldn't help but notice these 4 indentations on the outside of the passenger door just below the window. After closer inspection, I noticed another indentation on the inside of the door just below the window. Using my skills learned from my favorite cop shows, I figured out the cause of the damage. Steph's white-knuckle adventure over the mountains.
Last night after gathering up fireworks for the fourth, we came home and Liam hopped out all excited not at the fireworks, but what he called Firefly holiday. Our back yard was blinking like an invisible Christmas tree. He was catching them and showing me as well as trying to bring them in the house to show Steph. It was a magical scene and one of the memories of summer that would be called a masterpiece if painted right at that moment to capture the innocence and magic of it all.

PEACE!