Friday, May 27, 2005

mariah who?????

Driving home this morning I heard a news flash that almost had me curtailing down the side of the mountain. It seems that there is a particular "artist"(and I use this term very loosely) who is making history. This "artist" has more #1's on Billboard than any other "artist" on the scene today. What made me almost careen down to my death was the reference that this "artist" may eventually surpass the only 2 other acts before her:THE BEATLES and ELVIS.
I don't know about you, but I feel very strongly towards these 2. They were true "artists" in the way they went about sharing the wonderful gift of music to us all. They are both easily recognizable, and a true musical treasure. I hold THE BEATLES at the top because they are the only TRUE act which wrote and performed all their own songs. Unreal in todays market.
For those purists out there who think rock is dead, check out Brian Wilson's SMILE. WHOAHH!
I can go on and on with this subject. I truly believe that music is not dead, just stagnant, and that there are glimpses of a pure light of brilliance that shine and surely make me smile!