Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Racing the clouds home

Well, woke up today about 1:00 p.m.(no, I'm not a rockstar, I work 3'rd shift), and after Steph and I picked Liam up from school we decided to go and look for strollers for Anthony who is still having fun using mommy's bladder for a punching bag. Right before we left I was watching the Weather Channel and noticed in the forecast they were calling for thunderstorms and possible hail. Being the great conversationalist that I am, I didn't mention this to my wife, who is still carrying the paranoid feeling of putting any kind of scratch on the new odyssey. I mentioned this "possible" weather report about 25 minutes into our drive. We debated whether or not to turn around and go home. We decided(well actually I decided) to venture on.
I guess I didn't help matters any by constantly pointing out the ominous black clouds that kept forming in all directions. Liam didn't seem to notice. That could be to the fact that he was only interested in the gameboy he was playing in the back of the van. Steph certainly noticed.
To make a long story short, we raced the clouds home, with a brief stop for our favorite grinders,and made it safely into the garage.