Saturday, January 19, 2008

Liam & the bag of dog poop

Our beast(chocolate lab) poops a lot. You would think he is on an all-bran-diet. He would do his business in the backyard. In the same spot Thank God! There is nothing like wandering around and searching for poop. Anyway enough with the sordid details. Here is the story...



It was during the summer. We were setting out for an afternoon trip to Wally-Mart. We loaded up the kid's in the truck. I went out to the yard and filled up a gallon storage bag of poop. I would do this about every 2-3 days and then take the deposit to the nearest trash can on one of our outings. today it would be the Wally-Mart can.



On our way in I gave the bag to poor Liam. I had to carry Tony and my water bottle(it was so hot that day). And anyway it looks really strange carrying a big baggie of poop. I could tell by Liam's pained expression that he was quite content to be seen strolling across the parking lot carrying a bag of...well you know what it is.



Normally I throw this out at the gas stations I visit because the cans are right there at the gas pump and I can very non-chalontly toss it in unrecognized.



We enter through the garden end. THERE IS NO CAN OUTSIDE. I tell liam there is one as soon as you enter the garden area. Well we enter the garden area. There is the can. There is the door greeter also. She is putting one of those little green dots on somebody's return. She is also standing directly in front of the can. I tell liam to go behind her and hurry and drop it in. Liam holds the bag up and looks at the woman. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD LIAM WE ONLY HAVE A FEW PRECIOUS SECONDS HERE. THROW IT IN THE CAN BOY, THROW IT IN THE @#%$ CAN ALREADY.



Liam is not getting my telepathy. He is just standing there holding up this bag. Just as I am about to grab the bag myself and throw it in the can before we have to embarrassingly explain why we are entering the store carrying a bag full of fecal matter, the woman looks at us . BUSTED. BANNED. Maybe even ARRESTED.



But no... The woman looks at the bag and puts a little green sticker on it and waves at Tony on my shoulders. I guess the legend is true. That place will take back ANYTHING!