Sunday, June 05, 2005

Natural Wonderland

Just got back from a little side trip with the family. We decided to explore Pisgah Forest, and man let me tell ya, it was breathtaking. The weather was perfect. A storm had just passed through and it smelled like fresh wintergreen. This is one of those sights that just makes one feel an overwhelming sense of awe. The higher up you get, the more "no picnicking" signs you see. It is bear country up there. I mentioned to the wife that we should try camping. She reminded me of little Tony in the backseat. Okay maybe not. I said Liam and I will go, and if we encounter any bears we'll fight em' off. Right son? Liam's response-"well I guess so". Not quite the 8 year old gladiator I had in mind when I posed the ridiculous question.
Little Tony was just sittin' back and sniffing in the crisp clean air.
Our next vacation is going to be investigating the forests around WNC. We all can't wait.
Pure Natural Beauty.